What's in the box: Mix Nut Jar 800gr
Net Weight (kg): 0.8
Gross Weight (kg): 1
Size (L x W x H):12 x 12 x 20
This diverse mix of nuts is a great way to get a wide range of protective nutrients.mixed nuts are loaded with heart-healthy nutrients like monounsaturated fat, which may help lower harmful cholesterol levels. They are also rich in antioxidants which protect cells against the damaging effects of free radicals. High in protein, dietary fiber, and minerals, organic mixed nuts are a healthy and satisfying snack option. They also provide the amino acid L-arginine, which has been linked to lowering blood pressure.
2.not suitable for customers with an allergy to peanuts, other nuts, wheat or soya due to manufacturing methods
nutrients do nuts provide?
Nuts are also a good source of dietary fibre and provide a wide range of essential nutrients, including several B group vitamins (including folate), vitamin E, minerals such as calcium, iron, zinc, potassium and magnesium, antioxidant minerals (selenium, manganese and copper), plus other phytochemicals such as antioxidant compounds (flavonoids and resveratrol) and plant sterols.
The 2013 Australian Dietary Guidelines include nuts in the same food group as meat, fish, poultry, eggs and legumes, due to their protein content. A daily serving of 30g is recommended, but an additional 10g of nuts a day can be used in place of other healthy fat foods as well.
Each nut variety contains its own unique combination of nutrients and is generally rich in a few nutrients such as:
- Almonds: protein, calcium and vitamin E
- Brazil nuts: fibre and selenium: just two brazil nuts a day provides 100% RDI for selenium for an adult
- Cashews: non haem (plant based) iron and a low GI rating
- Hazelnuts: fibre, potassiuChestnutsm, folate, vitamin E
- Macadamias: highest in monounsaturated fats, thiamin and manganese
- Pine nuts: vitamin E and the arginine amino acid
- Pistachios: protein, potassium, plant sterols and the antioxidant resveratrol
- Walnuts: alpha linoleic acid: plant omega 3 and antioxidants
Nuts are naturally low in sodium, contain potassium and most contain some carbohydrate in the form of natural sugars. Chestnuts are different they are rich in low glycemic index carbohydrates and low in fat making them more like a grain than a tree nut.
|Dimensions||12 x 12 x 20 cm|