Health Benefits Of drinking Green Tea
• Green tea is rich in catechin polyphenols, particularly epigallocatechin gallate which is a rich antioxidant that restricts the growth of cancerous cells without causing damage to healthy tissues.
• Green tea is also effective in inhibiting formation of abnormal blood clots.
• Green tea has good bacteria destroying properties and so helps prevent tooth decay.
• Green tea is very effective in reducing cholesterol levels including ‘low-density lipoprotein’ (LDL) and triglycerides.
• Some research studies also claim that green tea is effective to treat rheumatoid arthritis.
• Green tea helps in increasing the level of HDL or the good cholesterol and reduces LDL or the level of bad cholesterol, thus maintaining a healthy balance between good and bad cholesterols.
• Green tea helps in improving the overall immunity system of the body.